Thursday, March 09, 2006

Daddy's Little Girl

Well, it's official. Bella will be attending her first swim lesson next month. I will be joining Bella in the class. Now, as some of you know, I am not the best swimmer since I never passed the Minnow stage at the YMCA. To give you an idea where my swimming skills are at, I only know the freestyle stroke, the back stroke is a stretch, the breast stroke is an afterthought, and the sidestroke just makes me laugh. I can't tread water longer than 10 seconds. Here's a quick story: Sophomore gym class at Loyola. We're in the first day of swimming class, and Coach Breitzman goes, "Alright, gentlemen, we'll go one lap (there and back) in pairs." So I go with Tony Mirro. I start with the freestyle and after two or three strokes, I get tired. I'm gasping for air, and by this time, my eyes are closed because I'm afraid the water will get in my eyes. So, as I touch the end line, I look up thinking that I did a good job. Mirro's already out and the next duo is already in the water. So needless to say, here's what I'll be bringing to our first day of class.