Thursday, May 28, 2009

Disney World 2009

PICTURES from Disney World!

Spent 8 days at Orlando's Disney World last week! Bria's 1st trip and we had a fantabulous time! Although, really really really raining (monsoonish rain), it was still fun and I will always remember walking around in 2 inches of water, while hiding under a poncho and an umbrello. Good thing we just bought the BEST stroller for 2 kids, the Joovy UltraLight Caboose. TOTALLY RECOMMEND!!! We got the rain cover with it, and the kids were super dry the whole trip!
Anyways, we arrived on a Saturday and had dinner at Rain Forest Cafe. The next day we were off to the Magic Kingdom. Bella's favorite ride there was the racecars (Speedway), It's a Small World, and the carousel. The next day was Kayley's birthday, so she did the Bibbidi Boppity Boutique at Downtown Disney. That place is so cute, I wish Bella would do that stuff, but she's scared of nailpolish and makeup. Maybe Bria next time. After that, we were back to Magic Kingdom to try and finish the park up. Unfortunately, this rain was against our mission, but we saw a good amount of it.
The next day we went to Hollywood Studios. I don't think I've been there since it was MGM. We ate dinner with the Playhouse Disney charachters. Bella was a little scared, more of Goliath from Jojo's Circus, but she eventually got used to being in the same room with them. Bria had a blast and especially loved Goliath! Then we were off back into the rain to watch some shows. Bella's favorite was the Playhouse Disney show, which she probably remembered from our trip to Disneyland last summer. My favorite was the Toy Story Ride. That was awesome!!!
The next day, Mark and I snuck out without the kids to ride Soarin at Epcot. This would be our 4th attempt at riding this ride because previous tries the lines were over 2 hours long or the fast passes run out. That was an awesome ride, that a couple days later we rode 2 more times. I think Ashley rode it like 6 or 7 times. When we got back, we ventured back to Magic Kingdom where we got poured on in the rain. Mark and I got separated during that rainstorm, and he carried my wallet and phone. I had Bella and an umbrella, almost stood in the middle of the park and cried, but luckily we found eachother. We left the park to meet the family at the Grand Floridian for Kayley's belated birthday dinner with Cinderella. Even though they weren't in mask like costumes, Bella was still scared and Bria had a blast!
Animal Kingdom was our next day adventure. The best day weatherwise. Not to hot, and it rained in the evening after we left the park. My favorite here was the Lion King show, which surprised me because I'm not a fan. Nemo show was good too, but the Lion King music was so energetic.
Our last park day was at Epcot, where we just hung out at the Land all day at Soarin. We took pictures with the characters, Bella didn't cry... which is an accomplishment for her, and Bria had a blast. We didn't make it around the whole park, but we got to eat at Mexico, which I was craving.
The day we left, we just hung out at Downtown Disney until we left. We were pooped!

My favorite memories of this trip:
Mommy Lu saying in tagalog that Bella was such a weird child.
Ashley buying the lighted sword... um, how old are we?
Losing my slipper in the rain as I try to run to catch the bus.
Bella standing uncontrollably as she excitedly watched the Playhouse Disney Show.
Everyone always complementing Bria, as if they've never seen a baby before. She's such a sip-sip.
Having such a wonderful, understanding husband. Mark took Bella to the potty, due to my severe fear of public washrooms. (unfortunately she had diarrhea and was in the potty ALL the time. She did end up wearing a pull up just in case for the diarrhea, but when's Mark's mom tried to put it on her the first time, she said, "No mama, I don't want a diaper. I won't poo. See, I'm not pooing." I thought that was so cute. At least we know she's definitely potty trained even in crazy line situations that Disney World has)

Anyways, enjoy the pictures! Have lots to do before we leave for our next trip to Cancun next month! Packing, moving, parties, work, etc....