Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

So our New Year's Eve started at Mark's parents house for dinner, but we had to leave so I could go to work where Mark and Bella stayed with me all night long! Was an interesting night, Mark was really sleepy, and Bella was really not. She walked around like she owned the place and wanted to touch everything! She made a tower using the pregnany test boxes, she played with the Thomas the Train vitamins by lining them up in a straight line (which totally shows that she's a mini-Little Tom), and my favorite activity of the night was her reading books. She can really say real words. She learned pizza, carrot, bananana (pronounced "nana"), sandwich, etc. Anyways, at least we were together on NYE. Mark's great news is that he finally broke down and bought a PS3 for the New Year. So he's currently playing that.
Anyways, hope everyone has a wonderful year 2008! Lots of new things happening this coming year with Bella moving up a grade in school next week (time for potty training), the birth of Brianna, couple of trips already being planned (2 Las Vegas trips this year maybe-hopefully so I can run the half marathon that KK ran this year- and 1 Hawaii trip), and hopefully me finally deciding if I should go part-time or stay full-time (I can't make up my mind). With each year, it's fun watching the kids grow older. I just realized that I'm addicted to my daughter and all my nieces and my one nephew. Ashley is growing up so fast, with an amazing fashion sense accessorized with her iPhone (WOW!!!), her huge collection of tv shows on her iPod, and her awesome soccer skills. Maxine continues to amaze me with all the skating competitions that she wins, all the performances she sings her heart out at, her awesome piano skills (she can almost play like me... almost :)), and on top of that she manages to keep straight As. Kayley, or shall I say Sr. Kayley, is always dressed so fashionably from head to toe, she definitely knows what she wants and doesn't want, when she says her prayers, she really says ALL of them, she LOVES her baby Bella, and her newly discovered talent is that she's SO CUTE when she ice skates!!! I hope she keeps it up, that's her sport. She performed the other day, and she did all her moves by herself, even with the large audience staring at her and the spotlight on her. She's come a long way!!! And finally my Little Tom. Little Tom is exactly what his name is... a Little Tom (Tom my brother). Looks like him and acts like him. Very focused, and hates when his focus is broken (as little Tom told Bella the other day, "Bella, you have to focus!!!). He builds these towers, and lines up his toys in just the perfect way. With him and Bella only a year and a half apart it'll be a blast watching them grow up together. They have this love/hate relationship that's hilarious. There was one point last week when little Tom was doing his usual, "No Bella, don't play with my toys", and Bella got fed up and snapped right back at him in her alien baby language... but they seem to understand eachother. I can't wait to see more from this little guy. He too also skates very well, especially since he's only 3 years old! And one thing I love about little Tom is that he's Grandpa's boy, what a good boy when Grandpa's around.
Anyways, I can't wait to see what greatness will be brought to these fantastic kids this year. Happy New Year again!!!